Homeopathy Medicine For Arthritis
Signs and symptoms of Arthritis
- Joint pain. Often a deep, aching pain that gets worse when you move and better when you rest the joint; in severe cases, the pain may be constant.
- Stiffness in the morning, or after sitting or lying down for more than 15 minutes.
- Joint swelling
- Joints that are warm to the touch.
- Limited range of motion.
- Muscle weakness caused by favoring the painful joint.
- Growth of bony knobs near joints, such as Heberden’s nodes, in which bumps appear on the outermost finger joints.
This remedy may be helpful for pain and inflammation that comes on suddenly after exposure to cold wind and weather. The person is likely to feel fearful, panicked, or agitated.
Poison ivy: Poison ivy, often called by its scientific name, rhus toxicodendron, is used in homeopathy to treat pain and stiffness. An animal study on the anti-inflammatory properties of rhus toxicodendron showed that the plant may help regulate inflammation and improve pain. More human studies are needed.
Ledum – Ledum is one of our best remedies for arthritis and gout, especially the latter. The great symptom which has always been regarded as the distinctive characteristic is the direction the pains take, namely, going from below upwards. Like Caulophyllum and some others, Ledum seems to have a predilection for the smaller joints.
Caulophyllum:This is an effective medicine for rheumatoid arthritis and is commonly used for women. It is used when small joints are affected more, compared to the larger joints in the limbs. This medicine is mostly used to treat arthritis of fingers of your hands and feet. The pain keeps on changing positions all the time within a small span of time. At one moment, you may feel it on your right hand, and soon after it may affect your left hand. Gradually, it shifts towards the feet as well.
Nux Vomica is an effective remedy for joint pains, especially in the knees. It reduces pain that starts in the toes and goes up to the thigh.